Mitsuboshi Belting Ltd. and its subsidiaries and affiliates (hereinafter collectively, the “Mitsuboshi Belting Group”) recognizes the importance of
personal information, and endeavors to protect the personal information held by the Mitsuboshi Belting Group.
１．Acquisition of Personal Information
The Mitsuboshi Belting Group will not acquire personal information through deception or other wrongful means but through appropriate and
２．Use of Personal Information
The Mitsuboshi Belting Group will use personal information within the scope necessary to fulfill the purposes of use listed below in the course of performing the Company’s business activities.
|Subjects||Purpose of Using Personal Information|
|Customers and business partners||(1) Manufacturing, sale, provision, installation, repair, and inspection of products,
procurement and purchase, and research and development
(2) Conduct of negotiations, communications and meetings related to transactions,
and performance of transaction agreements
(3) Questionnaire surveys, data collection and analysis, and marketing
(4) Provision of information regarding products and services
(5) Provision of information regarding exhibitions, seminars, etc., and management of
(6) Response to inquiries and management of its history
|Job applicants and internship applicants||(1) Evaluation for screening job applicants
(2) Selection of internship applicants
(3) Communication of necessary matters
(4) Management of recruitment work
(5) Response to inquiries and management of its history
|Shareholders||(1) Exercise of rights and performance of obligations under the Companies Act of Japan
(2) Provision of various benefits by the Company to the shareholders in their capacity
as shareholders of the Company
(3) Implementation of various measures to facilitate a smooth relationship between
the shareholders and the Company
(4) Shareholder management, such as preparation of shareholder data under applicable
laws and regulations, and statistical processing
(5) Response to inquiries and management of its history
|Event participants||(1) Communication of necessary matters
(2) Response to inquiries and management of its history
|The Company’s officers, employees and
their family members, and retirees/resignees
|(1) Communication for business purposes and communication in emergencies
(2) Work related to labor management, salaries, bonuses, retirement benefits, etc.
(3) Work related to performance evaluations, optimal personnel allocation
(reassignments, secondments, etc.), etc.
(4) Work related to welfare, etc.
(5) Health management, occupational health and safety, and other relevant work
(6) Education and training, capacity development, and other relevant work
(7) Work prescribed under laws and regulations, such as taxation and social security
(8) Response to inquiries and management of its history
３．Provision of Personal Information to Third Parties
whom such personal information relates (hereinafter, the “Principal”), except in the following cases.
(1) Where personal information is jointly used in accordance with the provisions stated under the section below
“4. Joint Use of Personal Information”
(2) Where the handling of personal information is entrusted in whole or in part to a third party in accordance with the provisions stated
under the section below “5. Control and Supervision over Subcontractor Involving the Provision of Personal Information”
(3) Where personal information is provided in a state in which the Principal cannot be identified (statistical data, etc.)
(4) Where the provision of personal information to a third party is authorized by laws and regulations
(5) Where the provision of personal information is necessary for the protection of the life, body or property of an individual, and
where it is difficult to obtain the consent of the Principal
(6) Where the provision of personal information is necessary for cooperating with a state organization, a local government, or an individual or
business operator entrusted by either of the former two in executing the affairs prescribed by laws and regulations, and where obtaining
the consent of the Principal is likely to impede the execution of the affairs concerned.
４．Joint Use of Personal Information
The Mitsuboshi Belting Group may jointly use personal information as follows.
|Items of personal information that may be jointly used||Name, company name, department name, position, address,
telephone number, facsimile number, email address, transaction
history with the Mitsuboshi Belting Group, participation history in
the Group’s exhibitions and seminars, content of inquiries, etc.
|Scope of joint users|
|Purpose for which personal information may be used by joint users||The same as those listed under the foregoing “2. Use of
|Party responsible for the management of personal information||Mitsuboshi Belting Ltd.|
(*) However, the joint use with overseas subsidiaries and affiliates shall require the individual consent of the Principal prescribed by
laws and regulations.
５．Control and Supervision over Subcontractor Involving
the Provision of Personal Information
In cases where the Mitsuboshi Belting Group entrusts the handling of personal information in whole or in part to a third party, it will conduct a
strict investigation of the third party and exercise appropriate control and supervision over the third party (such as the execution of a
confidentiality agreement) to ensure the secure management of the personal information.
６．Security Management of Personal Information
- The Mitsuboshi Belting Group will maintain the accuracy of personal information and manage the information securely.
- The Mitsuboshi Belting Group will take appropriate and reasonable information security measures against
unauthorized access, computer viruses, and other threats in order to prevent loss, destruction, falsification, leakage,
and other similar incidents involving personal information.
７．Disclosure, Correction, Suspension of Use, and Deletion of
When the Mitsuboshi Belting Group receives from the Principal a request for disclosure, correction, suspension of use, deletion, or any other
action with respect to his or her personal information furnished to the Group, it will promptly comply with the request within the scope of
reason only upon verifying the identity of the Principal making such request.
８．Compliance with Laws and Regulations, etc. and Review and
Improvement of the Handling
The Mitsuboshi Belting Group will comply with the Act on the Protection of Personal Information of Japan and other laws and regulations and
norms related to the protection of personal information, and will endeavor to review and improve its handling of personal information
from time to time.